ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow1tf]

RE: [dow1tf] additional questions?

  • To: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>, <dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow1tf] additional questions?
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:53:36 -0500
  • Sender: owner-dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just an online thought about the understanding of the questions. Not raising any challenge to asking the questions themselves.

Question 8. I suggest that you might want to explain this question a bit more. For instance, my paralegals will not understand this question as  presently worded. They don't know Port 43 as  "type of access". My techies will, of course. It would be helpful to have it worded so that both paralegals, techies, and just every day users, like me understand it ...

Question 9:
I'm not sure this is as clear as you would like, Milton.  You've used the word "convenience". For someone looking for contact data due to a consumer fraud, the issue is urgency, really, not convenience... Maybe you could think of a different way to neutrally convey this phrase so that it captures a wider range of reasons.....

Also, the use of the term "justifying" is a little pejorative. Users today aren't asked to justify their access. Some might think they should be; others might think they should not be asked to justify.... We are considering whether and how to change existing policy. We need to use neutral language in our questions. Could you use a different word and still get the question across?

Marilyn S. Cade
AT&T Law & Government Affairs
1120 20th Street, NW, Suite 1000N
Washington, DC 20036