RE: [dow1-2tf] More "limitations may not apply to you" language
- To: "'Thomas Roessler'" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [dow1-2tf] More "limitations may not apply to you" language
- From: "Mansourkia, Magnolia" <Maggie.Mansourkia@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:29:40 +0000
- Cc: "'KathrynKL@xxxxxxx'" <KathrynKL@xxxxxxx>, metalitz@xxxxxxxx, mcade@xxxxxxx, mueller@xxxxxxx, dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dmaher@xxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Actually, I agree with that too. I didn't make a long list, but didn't
intend that as the point of my note.
From: Thomas Roessler [mailto:roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 10:25 AM
To: Mansourkia, Magnolia
Cc: 'KathrynKL@xxxxxxx'; metalitz@xxxxxxxx; mcade@xxxxxxx; mueller@xxxxxxx;
Subject: Re: [dow1-2tf] More "limitations may not apply to you" language
On 2004-10-26 14:11:51 +0000, Mansourkia, Magnolia wrote:
> What we're looking at is consent to a limited list of what the
> data will be used for, including providing it through a directory
> for specific reasons, excluding marketing, etc.
I don't want to pick nits here, but technically, an infinite set
remains infinite when you remove just one element from it. ;-)
I.e., there's a long way to go from having "any use but marketing"
to having a specific, well-defined set of purposes.
Thomas Roessler * Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.