ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

[dow1-2tf] WHOIS and proxy services and other items for work by TF

  • To: <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dow1-2tf] WHOIS and proxy services and other items for work by TF
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 06:53:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the TF was going to discuss recommending experts, and how to agree on
identifying a balanced set of experts? That would be a productive initiative
that might get started today. I can suggest that we try to include at least an
expert or two from the  technical community -- which would include Verisign,
undoubtedly, but not be limited to them. A good source would be the IETF, or
some business competitor of Verisign's.   I will also see if my ATT Labs folks
have any suggestions... it might be that John Klensin himself, the former IAB
Chair, could be a great resource. He certainly has extensive expertise in
several key technical areas personally.

Not to suggest that is the definitive list, but perhaps a start....

Also, I think that Steve Metalitz has proposed a way forward on the "step by
step" process he posted.

Marilyn S. Cade
AT&T Law & Government Affairs
1120 20th Street, NW, Suite 1000N