ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

Re: [dow1-2tf] RE: WSJ story re Whois and proxy services

  • To: "Mansourkia, Magnolia" <Maggie.Mansourkia@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dow1-2tf] RE: WSJ story re Whois and proxy services
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:30:22 +0200
  • Cc: "'Marc Schneiders'" <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steven J. Metalitz IIPA" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>, Marilyn Cade <mcade@xxxxxxx>, dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2004-10-05 10:01:02 +0000, Mansourkia, Magnolia wrote:

>In light of all the back and forth on this issue, I think it
>further demonstrates our need for further fact finding.  I would
>like to have more information on the use, efficacy, etc. of proxy
>services, and to see our TF come to a solid understanding of the
>benefits and shortcomings.

FWIW, TF2 (of which you were a member) has already attempted to
obtain objective information, during the "data-gathering" phase. I
don't see how a new data-gathering phase of the combined group would
have any effect but further delay the group's work.

But maybe, as a compromise, those who insist that more objective
information on proxy services would be fruitful could volunteer to
collect that information, and report back on the results when the
group as a whole is done with discussing tiered access?

Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.