ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

RE: [dow1-2tf] RE: WSJ story re Whois and proxy services

  • To: "Thomas Roessler" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marilyn Cade" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow1-2tf] RE: WSJ story re Whois and proxy services
  • From: "Steven J. Metalitz IIPA" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 15:27:24 -0400
  • Cc: "Marc Schneiders" <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steven J. Metalitz IIPA" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>, <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Thomas, I think you may have the proportions reversed.  The 5% figure
(with the caveats from Paul that this may overstate  the proportion of
registrants actually involved) may be indicative of the proportion of
registrants who care enough about the privacy issue to take advantage of
the option currently being offered.  This may be reasonably satisfactory
for them, and that would seem to be quite relevant to any further
recommendations that we might make.

Steve Metalitz