ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

RE: [dow1-2tf] RE: WSJ story re Whois and proxy services

  • To: "Marc Schneiders" <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steven J. Metalitz IIPA" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow1-2tf] RE: WSJ story re Whois and proxy services
  • From: "Steven J. Metalitz IIPA" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:41:49 -0400
  • Cc: <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marc, one way to find out if your impression is wrong is to do the
research proposed by TF2.  This is one of the questions that would be
addressed.

Regarding e-mail forwarding, note the following recommendation of TF2,
in the same section of its preliminary report (immediately following the
passage I quoted in my earlier post):

Further work should also be conducted on the feasibility of requiring
registrars to provide e-mail forwarding services to registrants, and the
impact of such a requirement upon registrant privacy and contactability.
As a first step, the research agenda outlined above could be expanded to
study the operation of such services to the extent they exist today.

Steve Metalitz