ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

RE: [dow1-2tf] materials for Tuesday call

  • To: <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow1-2tf] materials for Tuesday call
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:51:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My regrets that I cannot join today. I had separately emailed Jordyn and Jeff,
and Glen and Barbara regarding my inability to join today. I will catch up with
folks later.

One request I have to all is that we start identifying a process for how we
might identify "experts", and that we identify topics for which we think
experts are needed. TF members really need to not be put in the position of
being "experts", since we have responsibilities that put is un the position of
needing to step aside and impartially evaluate various options, gathering as
much information to further our present individual understanding and
constituency/group positions. I believe the purpose of "experts" is to give the
TF a chance to hear from outside resources, whomever they are. I suggest that
after agreeing on a sort of criteria for experts, the TF should accept
suggestions for experts, realizing this isn't a situation where we need more
opinions, but where we need more facts. ... :-)

I suggested to the co-chairs and staff that it would be useful to have
transcripts of conf. calls with "experts", as a resource. My past experience is
that isn't a terribly expensive item, but is around $200 per hour from one
resource the previous WHOIS TF used...

I will be on next Tuesday's call. My apologies for missing this call. I have an
all day meeting that wasn't moveable.

Best regards, Marilyn