[dow1-2tf] decision tree: more Qs
- To: dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [dow1-2tf] decision tree: more Qs
- From: Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:47:38 -0700
- Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I agree that the tree does not include all the important questions that need
to be answered.
Some additional questions I have are:
1) What does "white list" mean? Is it that an entity on the white list gets
"all you can eat" access, for example, can they enter an email address and
get back a list of all domains with that email address in any contact field?
Or does "white list" mean they can do an unlimited number of whois query
where a whois query is defined as they enter a single domain name and get
back all ("all" if they are allowed to get "all", depending on tiered access
model) the whois information for that domain?
2) Can the "white list" member proxy their access to others? If yes, then
under what circumstances, etc?
3) What are the criteria used to get on the white list? (who is in and who
4) If there are 2 or more sources for the whois (for example, one from
registry and one from registrar), how does the registrant get the requestor
information if the registry, for example, is queried for the whois