ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting on 15 December 2016

  • To: "Council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting on 15 December 2016
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:39:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Cc: "'gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx'" <gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thread-index: AQHSZmYebXimbNLRCE6/El224SliLA==
  • Thread-topic: Action Items: GNSO Council meeting on 15 December 2016
  • User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/

Dear Councillors,
Please find the action items, below and as attachment, arising from the GNSO 
Council meeting on 15 December 2016. Please take note of the action items 
coming out of the Council meeting before the break and the proposed timing for 
delivering on these actions.  The next GNSO Council meeting is on the 19 
January 2017.

15 December 2016

Item 3. Consent Agenda


·       Passed (vote in favor by all present, with one absentee)

3.1 Confirmation of Appointment of GNSO Members and GNSO Co-Chair to the New 
Cross Community Working Group for New gTLD Auction Proceeds

Action items:

·       Jonathan Robinson (appointed as GNSO-co-chair) and appointed GNSO 
Members Tony Harris (CSG), Jon Nevett (RySG), Eliot Noss (RrSG) and Stephanie 
Perrin (NCSG) requested to keep GNSO community updated on progress and seek 
community input regularly

·       GNSO community members encouraged to join as Observers or Participants

3.2 – Confirmation of Council response to ICANN Board letter regarding policy 
implications of the Final Report of the Internationalized Registration Data 
(IRD) Expert Working Group

Action items:

·       Letter to be transmitted to ICANN Board (DONE)

Item 4. COUNCIL VOTE – GNSO Council Response to the Board on gTLD Policy 
Matters related to the GAC Communique from Hyderabad

Voting result:

·       Passed (vote in favor by all present, with one absentee)

Action items:

·       GNSO Council response to be transmitted to ICANN Board (DONE)

·       GNSO Council Chair to inform GAC Chair and GAC-GNSO Consultation Group 
of the communication (DONE)

Item 5. COUNCIL VOTE – Adoption of Proposed Implementation Plan for 
Recommendations relating to the 2014 GNSO Review

Voting result:

·       Passed unanimously

Action items:

·       Staff to transmit Implementation Plan to ICANN Board (DONE)

·       Following Board approval of the Implementation Plan, GNSO Review 
Working Group to execute and oversee the implementation, provide the GNSO 
Council with regular status updates (at a minimum prior to every ICANN 
meeting), and identify any concerns for which further guidance may be needed

Item 6. COUNCIL DISCUSSION – GNSO Council Response to Proposed Scope of the 
Forthcoming Registration Directory Services (RDS) Review (formerly the Whois 

Action items:

·       Councilors to provide input (including from SG/Cs) to Council mailing 
list by Wednesday 21 December

·       Councilors to finalize discussions on the mailing list by close of 
business Los Angeles time on Thursday 22 December

·       Policy Staff to send Council response to Review Team support staff on 
Friday 23 December

(NOTE: Deadline for appointing volunteers has been pushed to mid-January 2017)

Item 7. COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Proposal for a Uniform Selection of GNSO 
Representatives to Future Review Teams, and Selection of GNSO Representatives 
to the Second Security, Stability & Resiliency Review Team

Action items:

·       Small team comprising GNSO Council leadership, Susan Kawaguchi and Ed 
Morris (or Ed’s alternate) to meet to come up with proposed way forward by 
Friday 23 December, and to meet again in the first week of January to discuss 

·       Small team to propose selected slate of GNSO representatives to the 
Council by 9 January

·       Council to finalize appointment of GNSO representatives at the Council 
meeting of 19 January

Item 8: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Planning for ICANN58

Action items:

·       Council to finalize proposed block schedule for GNSO sessions (IN 

·       Council to work with SG/C leaders to consider SG/C requests for meeting 
slots in view of the block GNSO schedule, prior to sending block schedule back 
to ICANN Meetings Team

(NOTE: Typical list of SG/C meeting requests has been shared with GNSO Council 
leadership for background information)

Item 9: ANY OTHER BUSINESS (10 minutes)

Please let me know if I missed anything or if you have questions.

Thank you.

Kind regards,



Nathalie Peregrine
Specialist, SOAC Support (GNSO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
Skype: nathalie.peregrine.icann

Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive 
courses<learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer 

Attachment: Action items and voting results from GNSO Council meeting of 15 Dec 2016[2].docx
Description: Action items and voting results from GNSO Council meeting of 15 Dec 2016[2].docx

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>