Re: [council] GNSO Council meetings time rotation tool
- To: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] GNSO Council meetings time rotation tool
- From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 14:04:35 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx;
- Cc: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>, Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=secureservernet.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-godaddy-com; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=9u9BsTqFXIImsykYgLN21vg63u2dJcNRrRQYNGK4J8w=; b=sifpG7UAn20RI/ByXCQR/I+FjmHjYcnX66j8pEwFi1UiuOd+E0r/wTKRbEptn+Rco0oYtubVfS+mpKGps0AXmYfV7ZMH39ip+VNOcQuBJGKfwzYPHmp9OYALayvnlanyqHi2rBK6jYzdHj0n7euSD5bn1AVH/3xd9b/5WAkNnJI=
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AQHST8ms4sko3D50502/CHZKiQrTIA==
- Thread-topic: [council] GNSO Council meetings time rotation tool
- User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/f.1a.0.160910
Thank you, Nathalie.
Colleagues, as you can see from this tool, the “span” of time zones, along with
the distribution of Councilors within those time zones, hasn’t changed much
since last year. For example, we exchanged Mason for Darcy (Yay Portland!),
Volker for Michele, David for Rafik, etc.
It was also this time last year when we shifted the rotation from 3 meeting
timeslots, down to 2, after having determined that more time slots created
significant complexities with little benefit. So if there aren’t any
objections, I propose that we keep the current 2 time slots, and adopt the
meeting calendar that was previously circulated.
From: <owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nathalie Peregrine
Date: Monday, December 5, 2016 at 17:32
To: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>,
Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "'gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx'"
Subject: [council] GNSO Council meetings time rotation tool
From the Council meeting on the 1st December 2016, an action item for staff
was to use a time rotation tool to visualise how the current time rotation of
Council meetings fits in with Council member locations.
The following Google doc covers the 24hr clock with all Council member
timezones (row 3) and how many members per said timezone (row 4). Our current
times of 12:00 UTC and 21:00 UTC are highlighted in column R.
Specialist, SOAC Support (GNSO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx%20>
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive
courses<learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer