Re: [council] Action Item - GNSO/SSAC Liaison(s)
- To: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] Action Item - GNSO/SSAC Liaison(s)
- From: Johan Helsingius <julf@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 12:14:49 +0200
- In-reply-to: <D33FF961.BBF6Eemail@example.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <D33FF961.BBF6Efirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.6.0
> 1. Continue to pursue formal exchange of liaisons between the GNSO &
> SSAC, noting the constraints listed above.
Not sure a formal liaison is really justified.
> 2. Modify the SSAC/GNSO sessions at ICANN meetings to be a more
> free-flowing conversation about topics that share mutual interests.
Definitely support this, as long as it doesn't get too
> 3. Encourage PDPs and other GNSO groups to consider the utility &
> applicability of SSAC research in their work.
Absolutely - the SSAC contains some really deep expertise
and we should definitely take advantage of that.
> 4. Ask Staff to help facilitate information exchange between the two
The staff can definitely help by flagging things that
could be of interest.