ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[council] Action items: GNSO Council meeting 21 January 2016

  • To: "GNSO Council List (council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Action items: GNSO Council meeting 21 January 2016
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 08:34:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thread-index: AdFYFGgZQLJaGDApSeSvyeUOQDib7Q==
  • Thread-topic: Action items: GNSO Council meeting 21 January 2016

Dear Councillors,

Please find the action items arising from the GNSO Council meeting on 21 
January 2016.
Item 2:Review of Projects 
List<http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/projects-list.pdf> and Action 
Action item:
James Bladel and David Cake to reach out to IETF members with the view to a 
possible meeting in Marrakesh and a discussion as to how the two groups can 
stay coordinated going forward. Report back next Council meeting.
Item 4: VOTE ON MOTION - Adoption of Final Report from the Privacy & Proxy 
Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working Group
Action Items:

  *   In accordance with the ICANN Bylaws, ICANN Staff to prepare a 
Recommendations Report from the Council to the Board.
  *   Proposed policies will be posted for public comment prior to Board 
action, since these Policy Development Process recommendations constitute 
"policies that are being considered by the Board for adoption that 
substantially affect the operation of the Internet or third parties, including 
the imposition of any fees or charges" (per Section 6 of the ICANN 
  *   ICANN Staff to issue a call for volunteers for the Implementation Review 
Team, to be circulated at a minimum to the members of PPSAI PDP Working Group.
Item 5: VOTE ON MOTION - Charter for Policy Development Process (PDP) Working 
Group on New gTLDs Subsequent Procedures

Action Items:

·        ICANN staff to issue a call for volunteers for the PDP WG no later 
than seven days after the approval of this motion;

·        The GNSO Council liaison to the Working Group, Paul McGrady, shall 
serve as the interim chair
Item 7: Vote on motion - Cross-Community Working Group on Enhancing ICANN 
Action Items:

  *   Circulate a clean copy of the letter and the table with a strong 
predisposition that it would be a final review, to the council mailing list for 
24 hours, Friday 22 January 23:00UTC for final comments.
  *   Send the approved documents to the co-chairs of the CCWG on 
Accountability on behalf of the Council chair and vice chairs as the 
consolidated response to the Third Draft Proposal from the GNSO.
Note: Completed:
GNSO Council Response to the CCWG-Accountability has been posted on page
and can be directly viewed at:
Item 8: UPDATE & Discussion - Marrakesh Meeting Planning
Susan Kawaguchi and Amr Elsadr are working on the schedule and will circulate 
updates or draft plans to the council mailing list before the next Council call.
Please let me know if everything has been captured.
Thank you.
Kind regards,

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>