Re: [council] Motion for GNSO Consideration of the CCWG Accountability Third Draft Report

  • To: Johan Helsingius <julf@xxxxxxxx>, "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Motion for GNSO Consideration of the CCWG Accountability Third Draft Report
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 23:19:27 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For the record, under the GNSO Operating Procedures an abstention actually
counts as a Œno vote¹ (See section 4.5.3 - 'According to existing rules,
any abstention would not contribute to the passing of a motion; therefore,
by default, an abstention functions as a ³No² vote. The purpose of the
remedial procedures in this section is to minimize this effect¹).

Best regards,

Marika

On 11/01/16 20:12, "owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Johan
Helsingius" <owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of julf@xxxxxxxx>