[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 21 October 2015
- To: "GNSO Council List (council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 21 October 2015
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 22:28:56 +0000
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- In-reply-to: <D26917C1.512ECemail@example.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <56306911d5ce407680b0d85d8c440f48@PMBX112-W1-CA-1.PEXCH112.ICANN.ORG> <D26917C1.512ECfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AdEcuPzC5SBls6wZSzC9vdIq1S7OhwAJidgAAAPzC4A=
- Thread-topic: Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 21 October 2015
Please find the Action Items arising from the GNSO Public Council meeting in
Dublin on Wednesday, 21 October 2015.
Item 4: MOTION - Adoption of Final Report from the Data & Metrics for Policy
Making Working Group
Staff to update GNSO Operating Procedures per the adopted recommendations.
Item 5: MOTION - Adoption of Next Generation gTLD Registration Directory
Services (RDS) to Replace WHOIS PDP WG Charter
Councillors are encouraged to review the motion and proposed charter ahead of
the next meeting and provide any comments/edits as soon as possible.
Item 7: DISCUSSION - Letters from the Standing Committee on GNSO Improvements
Confirm new GNSO Council Liaison to SCI (note, new liaison, Amr Elsadr,
confirmed during GNSO Wrap-up meeting in Dublin on Thursday 22 October 2015)
Item 8: DISCUSSION OF POSSIBLE ACTION - Request from ICANN Board concerning
possible policy work on Replacement Insurance Requirements for ICANN-accredited
Draft response to ICANN Board taking into account feedback and discussion
during the meeting
Item 9: Request from ICANN Board concerning possible policy work on Exclusive
Registry Access to Generic Strings
Draft response to ICANN Board requesting further information on their
expectation of the time line and next steps concerning this issue.
Item 11: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - New ICANN Meeting Strategy
Council, Stalkeholder Groups and Constituencies encouraged to provide input,
ideas and suggestions, about the GNSO related meetings as part of the new ICANN
Meeting Strategy which will be implemented in 2016, to Volker Greimann.
Item 12: Thanks to outgoing Councillors
Secretariat to send the absent Councillors gifts in recognition of their
Please let me know if there is anything that should be added or was not
Glen de Saint Géry