[council] Today's election

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Today's election
  • From: Bret Fausett <bret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:19:55 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

While I still have posting privileges, let me just say that I am profoundly
disappointed in the results of today’s election. In the weeks before the
election, the recurring theme that I heard from everyone - every single person
- was that we would not go wrong whichever candidate we elected. You had two
excellent candidates today and managed to elect neither.

In my two years on the Council, I found that whatever challenges our respective
communities faced, we, the Council, were able to work together,
collaboratively, through whatever policy disagreements came our way. I
encourage you to go back to your communities and share with them your own
disappointment in this result and look for ways to work together in your years
ahead.

    Bret