Re: [council] points re: GNSO response to the GAC Communique

  • To: David Cake <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] points re: GNSO response to the GAC Communique
  • From: Mason Cole <mason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 18:28:10 -0300
  • Cc: "<council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> List" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=donuts.co; s=donuts; h=subject:mime-version:content-type:from:in-reply-to:date:cc :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=pZ8RuUgvnwdkBL2W1CrKTl20aTmEqdA2iDz6XmiudvA=; b=EXPtVNh2BFIKE8Ri5umi5015oeBwt/xlCaF5HguNc8Yxky5BUrxN9qsHg9STDlsnEV ceEZVa9B7Bf+Gd2IL4UacwJmftkpXNt2sXY2hBSQYgvJfnblNHctFvVzUgIBotMGYcAk RSpvl9SrZH8jXwj/TmCORCxOSyxm4semks+aI=
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well stated, David.

On Jun 20, 2015, at 6:04 PM, David Cake wrote:

>       As requested, points that will be discussed with the GAC regarding the
> GNSO response to the GAC Communique:
> - this is an informal mechanism that does not change any existing formal
> process.
> - It is a process to inform the board, so that when the board responds to the
> GAC Communique on matters that also concern GNSO policy and process, it can
> have more confidence that its answers reflect the GNSO position accurately.
> - it is purely supplementary to existing processes, including new processes
> introduced by the GAC-GNSO Coordination Group
> - the GNSO response will formally be addressed to the board, but the GAC will
> be CCed in the interests of full disclosure and furthering useful discussion.
> - It is intended to reflect GNSO policy positions (including, but not limited
> to, consensus policy, but may also discuss other GNSO outputs such as interim
> reports, issue reports, etc) and the GNSO Councils role as the manager of
> generic TLD policy. It is not intended to include all GNSO stakeholder policy
> positions. .
> - the GNSO Council does not intend to comment on the GAC Communique where it
> does not concern GNSO policy or process.
> - this is a new mechanism we will be trialling, and responses on its form or
> usefulness are welcome
>
> If any councillor (and Mason especially) has anything to add, very happy to
> hear it.
>
>       David

Mason Cole
VP Communications & Industry Relations