[council] May 21st Agenda Item | New gTLD Discussion Group Presentation

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] May 21st Agenda Item | New gTLD Discussion Group Presentation
  • From: Bret Fausett <bret@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 14:38:41 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Councilors,

The new gTLD Subsequent Rounds discussion group is close to finishing its work.
We currently expect to finish our discussion and have a final set of
deliverables in the next few weeks. At that time, we will deliver to the
Council a motion requesting an issue report, together with a table of issues
for consideration and a draft charter for a future working group on subsequent
new gTLD rounds. Given the breadth of the issues under discussion, I thought it
might be useful for us to invite the co-chairs (me, Liz Williams and Jeff
Neuman) to make a presentation to the Council at our 21 May 2015 meeting. If
our work continues on schedule, we intend to present a formal motion to the
Council for a vote at the Buenos Aires meeting. If we make an informational
presentation in May, and invite questions from the Council at that time, my
hope is that we will be prepared for a formal vote when we gather in person in
June.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to sharing the Discussion
Group’s work with you all.

     Bret

--
Bret Fausett, Esq.