From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2014 10:31 PM
To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [council] Translations Services

All,

I wonder if the Council specifically and the GNSO generally has grown and
diversified to the point where its meetings ought to deploy real-time
translation services.

The current Council has native German and Swedish and Spanish and Portuguese
and Hebrew and Chinese speakers on whose good will we now rely for our
English-only meetings.  This diversity likely will only get more so as ICANN
becomes the global organization it was chartered to be.

We have had the good fortune of having Councillors who are able to handle the
proceedings in English, but is that the image we want to portray and does it
limit others from even seeking a seat?  Such a move would also help us better
make the case for the work of the GNSO and its Council to the expanding number
of people who attend these meetings from a growing number of nations.

I think this might be a good item for the wrap-up session.

Cheers,

Berard

viruses.

viruses.