ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [council] IGO/RC motion


On 23-Jul-14 15:04, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In as much as the motion and its intended action (to take another look
> at the protections given ICO and INGOs in the new gTLD program) is as
> much politics as policy, I don't think delaying the discussion and vote
> enhances likelihood of passage.  There are voices in the BC who question
> why we are willing to re-open a decision that was unanimously closed.

For clarity sake:

By "decision that was unanimously closed." do you mean the PDP

Also, have any new arguments have been offered, or is it just because
the GAC disagrees with our recommendations.  Something which should not
come as a surprise since they don't even agree with our standing to make
recommendations on this topic.

Fro a process perspective, I think in this case we reopen if we enough
of the council agrees that we would like to see our recommendations
amended as suggested by the Board.



<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>