Re: [council] IGO/RC motion

Mary, on the proposed modifications, it is fine to have Council discuss what changes to pass on to the WG. I am sure that for some, the answer is NO CHANGES! But I thought that the point of this exercise was to consider what the NGPC is prepared to offer to the GAC.

In the case of the IGO change, the wording is considering a lot more that what *I* think the NGPC asked for (and therefore, in my opinion, will be a LOT harder to come to closure on). In the case of the RCRC, what is being proposed in the resolution is less than what the NGPC wants to propose (base on my reading).

So what we need is clarity on EXACTLY what the NGPC is asking for. Then we can decide to alter it or not. According to the page that Glen posted, this wording was written by staff. Can we please have confirmation that it is indeed what the NGPC meant (since it is not what they said as far as I can see). Or if it is not what they meant, can we have an alternative version.

This is going to be a difficult enough thing to carry out without this added level of confusion.

Alan