[council] Re: [council] IGO/RCRC related excerpt from GAC communequé

Yes, it is extremely problematic IMO.

For one, there is clearly an understanding from the GAC that:
- GAC advice is equivalent to policy. The phrase 'should not be subjected to,
or conditioned upon, a policy development process' implies that the GAC thinks
one sentence of advice constitutes policy.
- and that the GNSO PDP constitutes an attempt to develop competing policy,
rather than a process by which GAC advice is turned into implementable policy.

I would also add that, as the WG PDP charter explicitly leaves open the option
that the existing curative mechanisms may not be adequate, item I. is both
uninformed and pointless.

Basically, I'm very disappointed, and angry as hell. We need to respond to this
as a council. And I am not inclined to be overly polite - this demonstrates a
very basic misunderstanding of not just the GNSO, but the entire ICANN policy
process.

Regards

David