Re: [council] Revised Motion for Council Meeting on Wednesday

What works best, Marika? My thought here is that the output of this “open
committee,” or whatever we decide to call it, will be a set of neutrally worded
issues that we can send to you for the preparation of issue reports. We have
work to do in identifying the policy issues (as separate from suggestions for
operational improvements) and then grouping those policy issues into common
areas where perhaps they could become part of the same issue report.

I typically think of a “drafting committee” as a committee charged with the
preparation of a specific thing. Since we do not have a specific thing
identified here — our work will be to discover together the things that the
Council may want to consider for future policy development — this may be more
like a working group. At the same time, most working groups involve a fair
amount of advocacy for a specific outcome. I think that sort of participation
is premature. This first step is really issue identification, and the advocacy,
if any, should come later, at the PDP stage.

Against that background, what works best here? Thank you for the question, and
my apologies for not being more precise in my wording.

--
Bret Fausett, Esq. • General Counsel, Uniregistry, Inc.
— — — — —