[council] Draft Motion for Approval of Revised GNSO Operating Procedures

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Draft Motion for Approval of Revised GNSO Operating Procedures
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:06:32 -0400
  • Cc: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attached is a motion and a red line Revision of the GNSO Operating
principles addressing the following issues:

> a. the current GNSO Operating
> Procedures do not contain a specific provision on the possibility of
> resubmitting a motion for voting by the GNSO Council; and

b.      the current GNSO Working Group Guidelines, which form Annex I of
the GNSO Operating Procedures, do not contain a mechanism for Working
Groups (WGs) to self-assess their work.

These issues were referred to the SCI by the GNSO Council.

These recommendations are made by the SCI after discussions that led to full consensus in the Committee.

Thanks

Avri Doria
Acting as GNSO Council liaison to SCI