Re: [council] ccNSO Council meeting report

On 11 Dec 2013, at 7:38 am, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> 4.  As the GNSO Council liaison to the ccNSO Council, I have already
> suggested, because we meet at the same times during the three international
> meetings, that someone just off the Council be asked to fill the role.  This
> brings up a question of funding.  I think the position should be funded and a
> specific set of responsibilities attached.  I am just making this up as I go
> along.

        Regardless, it seems a valuable suggestion. We have the same issue with
the GAC - the major SOs and ACs are all more or less so busy that they consume
almost all the time available at an ICANN meeting, making it pretty much
impossible to effectively monitor one if you are an active participant in
another. Liaisons are seeming a more valuable idea with each meeting, and it
seem a practical necessity that they are not full serving members of the origin
group in order to have the time to fully monitor the group they are outreaching
to. And of course funding is important, as the ability to attend physical
meetings is essential for the role.

        Cheers

                David