[council] A basis for collaboration: Letter of the ccNSO Strategic and Operational Planning Working Group (SOPWG)

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] A basis for collaboration: Letter of the ccNSO Strategic and Operational Planning Working Group (SOPWG)
  • From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 09:32:47 -0700
  • Cc: Roelof.Meijer@xxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

I want to make sure you see the letter sent by the ccNSO Strategic and
Operational Planning Working Group to the CEO and Board Chair with regard to
ICANN's strategic planning and budgeting efforts.  Each of us has expressed
some frustration and the BC has specifically gone on record with criticism. It
may be the basis for fresh collaboration between our two Councils.

In this letter (it is short and to the point), working group chair Roelof
Meijer makes this central point: "The variability and lack of predictability in
the planning process makes effective planning nearly impossible."

As we think through our agenda in Buenos Aires, we may want to give this more
time.

Cheers,

Berard