[council] For Information - GNSO "Basics" Materials

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] For Information - GNSO "Basics" Materials
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 07:01:21 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Council Members;

I previously advised you about staff efforts to develop a set of
introductory material ³modules² designed to serve as a standing resource for
councilors and community members on a variety of introductory "basic" GNSO
topics.

I am pleased to report that we have completed the first set of materials and
are readying to post them on the updated "Basics" page of GNSO.icann.org.
Rather than fill your mailbox with all six modules at once, I have posted
them to the GNSO Council Resources wiki page at -
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocounres/General .  The redesigned
GNSO Basics page - http://newgnso.icann.org/en/basics/getting-started ­
should be up on the GNSO web site within a few days. We hope it will be a
helpful resource.

Please feel free to access the new materials from the wiki attachment links
and offer any comments in the space.  Staff is particularly interested in
hearing about any new/additional topics that you think should get the
"basic" treatment.

Best regards,

Rob