RE: [council] FW: SCI Liaison

  • To: "Jonathan Robinson" <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [council] FW: SCI Liaison
  • From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:07:04 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jonathan,

A liaison, by choice, not duress, makes quite a lot of sense.

Berard

--------- Original Message ---------Subject: [council] FW: SCI Liaison
From: "Jonathan Robinson" <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2/19/13 1:46 am
To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

Please see the note below from Ron Andruff, Chair of the Standing Committee on
Improvements Implementation.  In general, the responsibility of the SCI is to
provide an on-going capability to review GNSO processes and particularly to
work on improvements where these processes are seen to have shortcomings.

My personal feeling is that we should go for solution 1 suggested by Ron below.
 This could be supplemented by a variation of 2 i.e. that we invite the Chair
&/or VC of the SCI to talk with the Council on specific issues as and when
appropriate.

Currently, Jennifer Wolfe and Wolf-Ulrich Knoben are primary members to the
SCI, Thomas Rickert and Jeff Neuman are alternate members. It seems to make
sense for one of these to become Council Liaison appointed by the Council.

Two questions:

1.     Any objections to this approach?
2.     If not, any volunteers from existing primary members or alternates?

Thanks,

Jonathan