[council] A recap of todays ccNSO Council meeting
- To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [council] A recap of todays ccNSO Council meeting
- From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:08:06 -0700
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: MailAPI 23514
I participated today in my first ccNSO Council call as GNSO Council liaison.
One thing, for sure, I won't be recommending we adopt their practice of monthly
calls at the same hour. They are all at 4 a.m. Pacific.
Lesley Cowley of Nominet is the chair and she was quite gracious in her
In some order, here are the things that might be of interest:
1. There is some concern about Fadi's CEO roundtable approach to problem
solving. Peter van Roste, general manager of CENTR, said they were causing his
members "ulcers" and that "the secrecy is a problem." Cowley spoke up that
there was not secrecy attached to her invitation to the next roundtable.
2. They decided to not comment on either the work of the GNSO Council on
Consumer Metrics or meet the request of the board for comment as embedded in
the 12.10.11 resolution. The conclusion was that "it is not ccNSO business."
3. There was a discussion and willingness expressed to meet with the GNSO
Council in Beijing, but that there needs to be better preparation; Cowley said:
"We don't know quite what we are doing there sometimes."
4. Of specific note is that with the membership of the Faroe Islands (.fo),
the ccNSO has 135 members.