ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[council] GNSO Council Meeting action items Thursday, 17 January 2013

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] GNSO Council Meeting action items Thursday, 17 January 2013
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:10:45 -0800
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thread-index: Ac35lNwP3EoRcsdFTGG3Xxa0h1A1qg==
  • Thread-topic: GNSO Council Meeting action items Thursday, 17 January 2013


Dear Councillors,


Please find the action items from the GNSO Council teleconference on 17
January 2013. Attached is a tracking list we will be using for the action
items arising from the Council meetings.

1. Statement of interest updates

Action: Wolf-Ulrich Knoben to provide an updated Statement of Interest

2. GNSO Pending Projects List 

Action: Thomas Rickert encouraged Council members to join the IGO-INGO
Protections Working Group


3. Initiation of a Policy Development Process (PDP) on the Inter-Registrar
Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D 


Action Item:

Initiate the Policy Development Process and issue a call for volunteers for
the IRTP D Working Group 

4. Motion for Approval of a Charter for the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy
(IRTP) Part D Working Group (WG) 


Action Item:


·         The GSNO Council approves the charter and calls for a volunteer as
the GNSO Council Liaison to the IRTP Part D PDP Working Group.

·         The GNSO Council further directs that the work of the IRTP Part D
WG be initiated no later then 14 days after the approval of this motion.

5. GNSO Council Review and SIC Update 

Action Item:

Encourage Councillors to provide comments on the Wiki
Work-in-Progress at this Wiki link: 


6. Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) Strawman Proposal and Defensive
Registrations Discussion 

Action Item:


·         Councillors are invited to join the  small group of volunteers,
Mason Cole, Zahid Jamil, and Brian Winterfeldt to work together on
formulating a substantive response with the emphasis on the role of the GNSO
Council and attempting to answer some of the questions  either by providing
input in the letter or indicating how the GNSO Council might respond by
developing appropriate policy.

·         The time line is end of February 2013

7. Response to the GAC Letter 


Action Item:

Council agreed that  the initial letter drafted by Jeff Neuman

could be tweaked and include an appendix describing the history of the issue
and a letter from the chair of IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group  and submitted to the Government Advisory
Committee (GAC).


8. ATRT2 Developments  


Action Item:

·         Encourage / remind stakeholder groups to provide their
endorsements as soon as possible.

·         Schedule a Special Council Meeting on Monday 21 January 2013 at
15:00 UTC. 
Council to review the endorsements against diversity criteria
Council to propose up to two additional candidates if necessary to meet
diversity criteria
Council to  Announce the  list of endorsed candidates to the selectors.

9. Policy vs. Implementation <http://gnso.icann.org/en/node/36239> 


Action Item:

Councillors are encouraged to continue the discussion on the Council mailing

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Glen de Saint Géry 

GNSO Secretariat 




Attachment: Action Item - MK.doc
Description: MS-Word document

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>