[council] RE: Accountability & Transparency Review Team 2 (ATRT 2)

  • To: <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <krosette@xxxxxxx>, "tony holmes" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "William Drake" <william.drake@xxxxxx>, <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>, <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'KEITH DRAZEK'" <kdrazek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Matt Serlin" <matt.serlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] RE: Accountability & Transparency Review Team 2 (ATRT 2)
  • From: "Jonathan Robinson" <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:12:12 -0000
  • Cc: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Glen de Saint Géry <gnso-secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear All,

Following up on my letter of 7th January 2013.  The Call for Applicants is
now closed and therefore we now have the complete list of applicants arising
from within the GNSO.

GNSO Council Vice Chair Wolf-Ulrich Knoben has kindly prepared a summary of
the GNSO applicants (attached).

According to the previously agreed procedure (attached), the Council now
needs to consider the resulting list of up to four nominees (endorsed by the
four stakeholder groups).  The deadline for declaration of SO/AC endorsement
is tight (28 January 2013) and the next GNSO Council teleconference is
scheduled for tomorrow, 17th January 2013.  Therefore, we have scheduled an
additional teleconference on 21 January 2013 in order to specifically deal
with this issue, if we have not been able to deal with it on 17 January
2013.

Accordingly, if your stakeholder group is intending to endorse a candidate
from the pool, please can you complete the process (by sending you
endorsements to the GNSO secretariat) as soon as possible (and in any event
before the 21 January 2013) so that the Council can complete the Process for
GNSO Endorsement.

Please note that if your SG does not endorse a candidate, the GNSO may be
endorsing fewer than four nominees.

Thank-you for your assistance with this.

Best wishes,

Jonathan Robinson

Jonathan Robinson

Chair