Re: POLICY vs. IMPLEMENTAION (was [council] FW: Letter from the GAC regarding IOC/RC Protections)

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: POLICY vs. IMPLEMENTAION (was [council] FW: Letter from the GAC regarding IOC/RC Protections)
  • From: Maria Farrell <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 17:13:26 +0000
  • Cc: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, Jonathan Robinson <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=u9/HbJRsZO2UDR+cH1BL737M7i/RU20Xj0PvZRQpEZU=; b=0BX21kNosUEV0pAr5jWJAU0m5hc5VZ4gthqt1XY847PVpbXxyxlaI54IevB3RMYcde zE8kt+f/r3uNNhYuuTEppcvJKiaIt8ZlLrP9+iJVIckS1aKQFFL3ZwfNves5KXK6pNCM AJKa6K0YkfjEt4BjTRH+sHy8elFO6j/MmSU6moKUCArpL28LK1ufVXaIod4wHDSGgwmv xgGngO9wCmSTGIx9Kui1ERmhu8VGDxPKI/WVH2yErAd09EpqvuzhlskEunVLqTLYzCZf hZIS4BN5neNbVIBXCHsPYenzGPu/R/Sz8gN9LAThHj2RpoeYD2+xvMp5LsIq0davpE51 M7/w==
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I didn't make that session either but have looked at the document setting
out the issues to be discussed. It looks to me that 'policy v.
implementation' would be a rather smaller subset of the issues of input
overall.

I also support Jeff's call for (what I think of as) a more targeted and
community-driven initiative to articulate at the level of principles a
distinction between policy and implementation.

The staff paper may provide useful input to this. Marika, when is a public
draft expected?

In the meantime, we don't need permission to develop and circulate ideas. I
also volunteer to, at least informally, start to articulate some principles.

Maria