[council] Action points arising from GNSO Council meeting 15 November 2012
- To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Action points arising from GNSO Council meeting 15 November 2012
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 03:12:37 -0800
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Ac3D6zyt2oqrbyTzQlqad3g+tSIGJg==
- Thread-topic: Action points arising from GNSO Council meeting 15 November 2012
Ahead of the official minutes of the GNSO Council meeting on 15 November 2012,
please note the following actions arising from the meeting and the resolutions
· Pending Projects list: Action Item:
Constituencies and Stakeholder groups should check whether there is
adequate distribution of members on the current working groups and drafting
· The Council approved that the IRTP Part C GNSO Council Recommendations
Report prepared by Staff be sent to the ICANN Board for approval.
Action Item: Policy Staff to send the
to the ICANN Board.
· Wolf-Ulrich Knoben volunteered to draft a letter to the Accountability
and Transparency Review Team (ATRT) selectors, Fadi Chehade CEO and Heather
Dryden Chair of the Government Advisory Committee setting out the process that
Council used previously for selecting applicants. The letter will be posted on
the Council mailing list for comments before being submitted.
· Staff committed to schedule a webinar and gather further information on
the ICANN Board discussions regarding the Whois Review Team Final Report
recommendations after the holidays.
The motion to approve the Charter for the IGO-INGO Protection PDP Working Group
On 17 October 2012 the GNSO Council initiated a Policy Development Process
(PDP) on the protection of certain IGO and INGO names in all gTLDs, and decided
to create a PDP Working Group for the purposes of fulfilling the requirements
of the PDP;
Following a call for volunteers, a drafting team was formed and its members
have developed a charter for consideration by the GNSO Council;
The GNSO Council has reviewed the charter submitted by the drafting team.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED,
The GNSO Council approves the charter and appoints [Name] as the GNSO Council
Liaison to the IGO-INGO Protection PDP Working Group.
The GNSO Council further directs that the work of IGO-INGO Protection PDP
Working Group be initiated no later then 14 days after the approval of this
motion. Until such time as the WG can select a chair and that chair can be
confirmed by the GNSO Council, the GNSO Council Liaison shall act as interim
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Glen de Saint Géry