[council] Looking ahead from ICANN 45 - GNSO Web Site Resources

  • To: Jonathan Robinson <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Maria Farrell <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>, "Wolf-Ulrich.Knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Wolf-Ulrich.Knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Looking ahead from ICANN 45 - GNSO Web Site Resources
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 12:25:59 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Jonathan, Maria and Wolf-Ulrich;

In view of your recent dialogue about Councilor learning curves and induction
materials, I wanted to advise the Council that as part of "Phase 2" of the
updated GNSO.icann.org website, staff is currently developing introductory
materials to use as a standing resource for councilors and community members on
a variety of introductory "basic" topics such as GNSO Working Group formation
and operations, PDP procedures, communications tools and guides for new
councilors and working group chairs.

We are working to leverage existing materials including some that Glen
currently gathers and shares when new Councilors come on board.

The materials will ultimately find a home on the "Basics" tab of the GNSO web
site - http://newgnso.icann.org/en/basics/getting-started.  We will alert you
all as those materials are added to the site.

On the horizon we envision developing other materials for the page on
particular topics like a "DNS 101 Guide".  We would welcome suggestions about
additional topics and subjects that any of you thinkmight be of value as a
future addition to the Basics Tab as either a refresher or introduction to a
particular matter for interested community members.

In the meantime, I hope the currently structured Active Projects/Groups/Teams
page (http://newgnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/active-groups.htm) and the
document linked to the Pending Projects List page
(http://newgnso.icann.org/en/ongoing-work/pending-projects-list.htm ) of the
GNSO web site will provide some useful status, background and context
information regarding the full range of current GNSO Council matters, issues
and topics of interest.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth