Re: [council] Fake renewal notices

  • To: "Taylor, David" <David.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Fake renewal notices
  • From: Mason Cole <mcole@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:52:21 -0700
  • Cc: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David --

Thanks for the reply.  I think we all agree it's a problem that deserves
attention.

I am scheduling a call with ICANN Compliance (as detailed in my email) to see
in fact of previous enforcement actions can be brought to bear on offenders.
I'm also conferring with our SG leadership to bring the issue again to the
attention of law enforcement.

The language you suggest may be useful and I will share it with our legal
advisor.

Mason