[council] new gTLD update

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] new gTLD update
  • From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 04:30:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/announcements-and-media/announcement-27aug12-en

New gTLD Update for Applicants (27 August 2012)

We have additional updates for applicants this week:

Applicant Update Webinar

The next Applicant Update Webinar is scheduled for Thursday, 6 September at
12:00 UTC.  Topics will include status on Initial Evaluation, an update on
batching/metering options, information on application comments, and new gTLD
sessions we are planning for Toronto among other things.  If you are unable to
join us for the live webinar, it will be recorded and posted to the webinar
page (http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/announcements-and-media/webinars) on the new
gTLD microsite.  The webinar is open to everyone but directed toward applicants
in particular.

Clarification Questions Pilot

The Clarification Questions Pilot is scheduled to kick off this week.  Notices
have gone out to the 50 applications selected and participation is optional.
Preliminary evaluation results show that a large number of applications require
clarification.  The purpose of the pilot is to ensure that the questions
evaluators ask are clear and applicants understand what information they are
being asked to provide.  See attached [PDF, 80 KB].

Change Requests

We are finalizing the process to post application change requests.  A set of
seven criteria have been created to evaluate each request and, if approved, the
change will be reflected on the posting page of the microsite
http://gtldresult.icann.org/application-result/applicationstatus ).

New gTLD Microsite

The new gTLD microsite is getting a facelift.  We are working to refresh the
microsite, making it a bit easier for you to find what you need.  A new feature
we will add is an Applicants Corner.  This is a place where applicants can go
to get important advisories as well as to check the status of various parts of
the program still under development.  Keep an eye out for the microsite's new
look!