[council] GAC unilaterally cancels Prague meeting with GNSO Council

  • To: "Stéphane_Van_Gelder" <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] GAC unilaterally cancels Prague meeting with GNSO Council
  • From: <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:03:25 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stephane,

Do I have it right with the subject line on this email?

The politics of the move are clear.  In order to press a
government-specific agenda, the GAC senses (properly) the opportunity to
move on its own at a time when ICANN executive leadership is both in
flux and Internet governance is being questioned.  Seems a smart
strategy to me based on my 15 years working in Washington, D.C.

But I have also been working in and around ICANN's multi-stakeholder
approach for almost 10 years.  How can we help you get this all back on
track?

Cheers,

John Berard
Founder