From: Joy Liddicoat [mailto:joy@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 8 June 2012 8:16 a.m.
To: 'KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [council] Motion

Hi Wolf - *offlist*

Apologies for the late heads up but some messages came in overnight (NZ
time) to me about this motion.

We?d like to propose a friendly amendment to reflect NCSG concerns for
policy on access to WHOIS data to be consistent with public law human rights
standards. Our proposal is for a very simple addition

Existing Motion:

THEREFORE BE IT,

Resolved, the GNSO Council recommends that the issue of WHOIS access (to
ensure that WHOIS data is accessible in an appropriately reliable,
enforceable, and consistent fashion) is included in the RAA Policy
Development Process when it commences.

Resolved, the GNSO Council will review by end of September, 2012, whether
the RAA PDP has commenced and included this issue or whether alternative
approaches should be pursued.

Proposed:

To insert after the word ?fashion? the words ?which does not violate freedom
of expression, privacy and related rights? so it would read:

(to ensure that WHOIS data is accessible in an appropriately reliable,
enforceable, and consistent fashion which does not violate freedom of
expression, privacy and related rights)

I will raise it in the meeting but just wanted to check in with you about
whether you would regard this as friendly

Kind regards

Joy Liddicoat