[council] The TLD Application System, or TAS, has now closed.

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] The TLD Application System, or TAS, has now closed.
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 02:18:51 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-30may12-en.htm
New gTLD Update by Akram Atallah, COO

The TLD Application System, or TAS, has now closed.

As of 23.00 GMT/UTC today, with one hour remaining before the system closed,
just over 1900 applications had been submitted in TAS.

We will reconcile all payments and submitted applications, and will release the
final numbers when the applied-for domain names are published. As we said
yesterday, our target date for publishing the list of applied-for domain names
is 13 June 2012.

We thank all applicants and the ICANN community for their support throughout
the application process.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx