[council] TAS Reopens | ICANN

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] TAS Reopens | ICANN
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 04:01:18 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-21may12-en.htm

Statement by Akram Atallah, COO

The TLD Application System, or TAS, has reopened. All registered applicants can
now log in, review and submit their applications.

The system will remain open until 23:59 GMT/UTC on 30 May 2012. Consistent with
our previous practice and to allow the application window to open as soon as
possible, two-hour maintenance windows have been scheduled as follows: 22 May
at 16:30 GMT/UTC, 25 May at 23:00 UTC, and 29 May at 22:00 UTC.

Applicants are encouraged to review "Top Things Users Should Know When TAS
Reopens," posted on the new gTLD microsite at
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/tas/top-ten. The document provides
advice on logging into and completing applications, submitting wire transfers,
and contacting customer service with any issues users might encounter.

During the last few weeks, we have fixed the technical glitch that caused us to
take the system offline. Also, to address user feedback, we have improved the
overall system performance and the HTML preview function.

In our continuing review of the system logs and system traffic, we determined
that in two instances, a single file might have been temporarily unavailable to
an applicant. Full access to those two files has been restored. ICANN notified
the affected users.

We recognize and regret the inconvenience caused by this glitch and the delayed
closing of the application window.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>