Re: [council] Prague - please read!

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Prague - please read!
  • From: Ching Chiao <chiao@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 09:28:46 +0800
  • Cc: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=Tp5Hg7xT2nrjqm4boESCUC4RlsbbWaHCg4raE4C5uPQ=; b=Z5zKz/9nwH7efNb37PHci+zZ+D4BgsOjo0QkDZZn7umDbTt6bKMEpwwsDURBpgRnB/ rzxeobPCqDcIVCbArhZIWcD1vzrt9G7zJZIXt5MK3DezhU00D1fI+8sEdIQd3UVqJKfM DZeMMM6hGQS/nbOwSuFHcYtr+vj2qS7e1e5lbKFbNwJtktx7GBeX7aJeiJX1w+FEJSqx zNt4+zpV5RVMfQXxOIPh0ld2719v/UFuIwd7P63JzBmvajzA9I3ZSehCkPlpHpzOFZuL ZdmzKKc8faThsYEXdm5ChKv9R/oNnhW0PqO8Y3MAwVcXqxaZ1q1E1TUFF5jyYFCAhl4w wh4g==
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stéphane,

For me personally I'd like to see one specific discussions with the Board
regarding the newly-estabilshed New gTLD Committee and how does it
function. How can GNSO help / liaise with this committee and collaborate?

I agree with Thomas' suggestion on expansion of membership and think this
could be listed as one of the topics with the Board.

For the lunch part I do not have strong preference -- but appreciate that
lunch is always a useful break time for brain, and allows stomach to be in
charge :-) If having meal / beverage alongside with the meeting is a
trouble, maybe the idea of creating the "GNSO Lounge" could be helpful.
Similar to the ICANN Staff / Board lounge, which allows members to have
meals (b'fast and lunch with definite schedule) and beverages (all week),
and of course provide space for informal meetings (different constituency
can sign up for it) and social functions. I am not suggesting to do it in
Prague but could be an idea worthy to explore and help manage question 2.

Ching

--
Ching CHIAO
Vice President, DotAsia Organisation LTD.