Re: [council] Prague - please read!
- To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] Prague - please read!
- From: Ching Chiao <chiao@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 09:28:46 +0800
- Cc: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=Tp5Hg7xT2nrjqm4boESCUC4RlsbbWaHCg4raE4C5uPQ=; b=Z5zKz/9nwH7efNb37PHci+zZ+D4BgsOjo0QkDZZn7umDbTt6bKMEpwwsDURBpgRnB/ rzxeobPCqDcIVCbArhZIWcD1vzrt9G7zJZIXt5MK3DezhU00D1fI+8sEdIQd3UVqJKfM DZeMMM6hGQS/nbOwSuFHcYtr+vj2qS7e1e5lbKFbNwJtktx7GBeX7aJeiJX1w+FEJSqx zNt4+zpV5RVMfQXxOIPh0ld2719v/UFuIwd7P63JzBmvajzA9I3ZSehCkPlpHpzOFZuL ZdmzKKc8faThsYEXdm5ChKv9R/oNnhW0PqO8Y3MAwVcXqxaZ1q1E1TUFF5jyYFCAhl4w wh4g==
- In-reply-to: <D5DB8EBA-1D07-408B-94EC-A7C3F0E657D6@indom.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <D5DB8EBA-1D07-408B-94EC-A7C3F0E657D6@indom.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For me personally I'd like to see one specific discussions with the Board
regarding the newly-estabilshed New gTLD Committee and how does it
function. How can GNSO help / liaise with this committee and collaborate?
I agree with Thomas' suggestion on expansion of membership and think this
could be listed as one of the topics with the Board.
For the lunch part I do not have strong preference -- but appreciate that
lunch is always a useful break time for brain, and allows stomach to be in
charge :-) If having meal / beverage alongside with the meeting is a
trouble, maybe the idea of creating the "GNSO Lounge" could be helpful.
Similar to the ICANN Staff / Board lounge, which allows members to have
meals (b'fast and lunch with definite schedule) and beverages (all week),
and of course provide space for informal meetings (different constituency
can sign up for it) and social functions. I am not suggesting to do it in
Prague but could be an idea worthy to explore and help manage question 2.
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Stéphane Van Gelder <
> I would like to strongly request your help in coming up with two things in
> preparation for our Prague week:
> 1. Topics for our interactions with the Board/GAC and ccNSO and
> 2. Ideas for sessions for our work weekend.
> As added context, I should say that the Council leadership is under
> greater pressure than usual to provide this earlier than usual (Staff have
> been put under pressure due to the delay in publishing the CR agenda that
> people complained about there).
> I should also add that I have asked Jeff, who has kindly volunteered (or
> was kindly volunteered by me, whichever way you want to see it ;) ) to look
> after our Prague agenda, to ensure that we cut down on pure working lunch
> sessions. I find these sessions are an organizational nightmare as people
> need time to have their lunch, which cost down on the time afforded to the
> topic we are scheduled to work on.
> So in short, please make a greater effort than usual to provide ideas for
> 1 and 2 above. These sessions, both our interactions with other groups and
> our own working sessions, should be the result of Council-wide
> deliberations so that they are truly effective and have greater meaning for
> the Council as a whole.
> Thanks for your help in this endeavor.
> Stéphane Van Gelder
> Directeur Général / General manager
> INDOM Group NBT France
> Head of Domain Operations
> Group NBT
Vice President, DotAsia Organisation LTD.
Chair, Asia Pacific Networking Group
Member of ICANN GNSO Council & RySG
Email: chiao@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Skype: chiao_rw
Mobile: +886-918211372 | +86-13520187032
www.registry.asia | www.apngcamp.asia