From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 2:07 PM
Cc: GNSO Council List
Subject: Re: [council] Prague - please read!

Hi, Thomas' list looks good (though I should say I've not consulted NCSG
colleagues and members so this is a somewhat personal view).

For the Board, I assume our concerns center on transparency as well as
effective communication. Do we want to ask them what else they are considering
- whether in relation to changing formats or duration of ICANN meetings, or in
holding different types of meetings (per the budget) - that the GNSO can
provide input on?

For the GAC, do we want to discuss their views on the IGO issue, especially as
the IOC has just submitted a Request for Reconsideration of the Board's recent
decision not to change the AGB?

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Director, Franklin Pierce Center for IP
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAW
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA
Email: mary.wong@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mary.wong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 1-603-513-5143
Webpage: http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.php
Selected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
http://ssrn.com/author=437584

Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>>

Stéphane Van
Gelder<stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>>

CC:

GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

5/11/2012 5:10 AM

Re: [council] Prague - please read!

Stéphane,
I would like to discuss with the Board how ICANN's communication could be
improved in the light of Fridays, URS and the TAS Glitch.

For GAC I would like to discuss in what areas the GAC might wish to co-operate
with the GNSO so we can prepare / plan resources.
Also I would like to discuss with the GAC at a high level (if possible) how the
Council and the GAC can help manage expectations of both the public bodies
(especially LEA) and industry when it comes to fighting abuse.

With the ccNSO I guess it would make sense to pick up the discussion what
effects the huge number of registries might have on our work and structure now
that we know we should expect something in the range of 2k new TLDs.

internal discussion in preparation of above subjects - should the Council
decide to pick up these ideas.

Thanks,
Thomas