[council] TAS Interruption - Update (23 April 2012)
- To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] TAS Interruption - Update (23 April 2012)
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 01:57:11 -0700
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Ac0h+Dxn8RwunpFBSeCmNs7pY+mHug==
- Thread-topic: TAS Interruption - Update (23 April 2012)
TAS Interruption - Update (23 April 2012)
Statement by Akram Atallah, COO
23 April 2012
ICANN made progress over the weekend in identifying all applicants who may have
been affected by the technical issue that caused the TLD application system, or
TAS, to be taken offline. We also want to inform all applicants, prior to
reopening, whether they have been affected by the glitch, and are still
gathering the information we need to do that.
Testing the fix is also proceeding well.
As noted in the FAQs posted on Saturday, we have postponed publication of the
list of applied-for new domain names, which was previously planned for 30 April.
Everyone involved in the new gTLD program is committed to bringing TAS back
online as soon as possible. Thank you again for your patience.
Glen de Saint Géry