Re: [council] Re: [gnso-chairs] AW: [soac-discussion] SOPA Discussions

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Re: [gnso-chairs] AW: [soac-discussion] SOPA Discussions
  • From: William Drake <william.drake@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 18:24:36 +0100
  • Cc: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

Olivier's question being whether our community might be interested in a
session, I think there'd be significant interest in NCSG in a session on
SOPA/PIPA and their pending progeny  (of course, since we still have no idea
what the schedule might even tentatively look like and thus have struggled to
organize meetings, there's no way to guesstimate our actual ability to attend
this or other workshops of particular interest).  That said, I agree with Jeff
that this is not an issue for the GNSO Council to discuss (and disagree with
him that it's just a matter that effects national law).

Best,

Bill