Re: [council] Wrap-up topics

Stéphane,
thanks for putting this together.

You might wish to add a few minutes to discuss which projects the new
Councillors will be working on, in particular the NCAs.

It is well understood that we have a full plate of work and limited resources
and we should try to make the best use of our resources / expertise.

As far as I am concerned, I am happy to say a few words about where I think I
could add and be guided by the Council as to where I fit in best.

Thanks and see you all at 12.30.

Thomas

Am 27.10.2011 um 09:46 schrieb Stéphane Van Gelder:

> Councillors,
>
> As you know, our ICANN meeting wrap-up sessions do not have a set agenda, as
> they are discussions and stock-taking sessions.
>
> As pointers to those discussions, here are a few topics we might like to
> consider. These are just suggestions stemming from the notes I have been
> taking throughout the week. We don't have to discuss them all during the
> wrap-up, and we can obviously add or delete topics as desired.
>
> See you all in Salon Vert room from 12:30 to 2pm today.
>
> Stéphane
>

> IOC Red Cross, working with the GAC
>
> A letter has been drafted, to be sent by GNSO Council Chair to GAC Chair.
> Edits/comments? Should we send?
>

> Best practices
>
> Where to next? What does the Council want to do now?
>

> JAS Final report
>
> What do we want to do now? We reserved our right to approve it in the
> resolution we passed and we heard from Kurt on Sunday that Staff would now
> like some direction from the GNSO Council on whether we approve it or not.
>

> NCA
>
> Discussion of possible interactions between the Council and the NomCom going
> forward (see notes from meeting between NomCom and GNSO leadership earlier
> this week).
>

> Cross-TLD registration scam and domain kiting
>
> See response from SSAC Chair Patrik Faltstrom sent to Council list this week.
>  Next steps for the Council?
>

> ccNSO
>
> Suggestions from the ccNSO to have work sessions together on looking at the
> strategic plan. Our response?
>

> A suggestion that the GNSO joins the ccNSO in requesting extra detail from
> the CFO on the budget.
>

> Meetings: how do we strengthen our meetings with the ccNSO? How do we build
> the agenda in an effective way? The ccNSO has dedicated 2 people to looking
> at the agenda. The suggestion is that the GNSO agenda person liaise with them.
>

> Post newgTLD landscape
>
> Should the GNSO Council be looking at how the community will change as a
> result of new gTLDs and VI and ccNSO registries providing new gTLD services
> and vice-versa?
>

> Costa Rica preparation
>
> Who will handle the agenda?
>

> Open Council meeting: Presentations by SG and C chairs at the start of the
> open council meeting. A suggestion to post a list of topics to the
> constituency list prior to the Open Council meeting so that the group leaders
> know what they are going to discuss…
>

> GNSO teleconference schedule for the upcoming year
>
> Secretariat to suggest a schedule, to be approved by Leadership team.

Thomas Rickert, Rechtsanwalt
Schollmeyer &  Rickert Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft m.b.H. (i.e. law firm)
Geschäftsführer / CEO: Torsten Schollmeyer, Thomas Rickert
HRB 9262, AG Bonn

Büro / Office Bonn:
Kaiserplatz 7-9, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 0

Büro / Office Frankfurt a.M.:
Savignystraße 43, 60325 Frankfurt, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)69 714 021 - 56

Zentralfax: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 66

mailto: rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype-id: trickert