Re: [council] Proposed Draft of Note to send to the GAC re: IOC/Red Cross Names

At the end of the 3rd paragraph, the sentence "Finally, we understand that the proposal will not impact current domain name registrations in existing top level domains?" should not have a question mark. I would also replace "Finally" with "In addition" as there are several paragraphs to follow, with the last substantive one starting with "Finally".

I still believe that we should give examples following the "strings containing" sentence, just as we do for second-level names containing "Olympic". If there is agreement, the 3rd paragraph would then be.

At the second-level, the Proposal asks that the strings contained in Schedule A be ?reserved?. Does this reservation apply just to exact matches of those marks or does it also apply to strings containing those marks (such as Olympics-Seoul, Olympic-Games, Red-Cross and RedCross-Tsunami)? In addition, we understand that the proposal will not impact current domain name registrations in existing top level domains.
Alan