[council] Fwd: Cross TLD Registration Scam and Domain Kiting/Tasting

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Fwd: Cross TLD Registration Scam and Domain Kiting/Tasting
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:36:30 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Councillors,

Please see the response below from Patrik Fältström, Chair of the SSAC, in
response to our request in relation to evaluating and monitoring cross-TLD
Registration Scam and Domain Kiting/Tasting by the SSAC.

In light of this response, the GNSO Council might want to consider whether
there are any alternative approaches to addressing the Registration Abuse
Recommendations in this regard, or acknowledge that monitoring of these types
of abuses cannot be done at this stage by the GNSO Council or SSAC but that at
any point in time, should new data or information arise, these
issues can be re-opened for consideration by the GNSO Council.

We may want to discuss in further detail at the wrap up meeting.

Stéphane

Début du message réexpédié :