[council] TR: Dakar / Senegalese Opening Session

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] TR: Dakar / Senegalese Opening Session
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 04:02:40 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear All,

Please see information on the Opening ceremony at 11:30am today.

************************
ICANN 42 Opening Ceremony
Starts at 11:30 (Senegal Time)
Room: Big Amphitheater

Overview

President of Senegal, Abdoulaye Wade. ICANN CEO and President Rod Beckstrom,
Board Chair Steve Crocker and Governmental Advisory Committee Chair Heather
Dryden will provide brief remarks.

We also expect to hear from Senegal's Minister of Communication and
Telecommunications, Moustapha Guirassy. Concluding the session, President Wade
will address the attendees.

Special security rules will be in effect as President Wade speaks. Please be
advised that once the event begins, you will not be able to leave until the
conclusion of his remarks. No latecomers will be seated and attendees should
plan to remain for the duration of the speech.

To show respect to our many Senegalese guests, ICANN staff members are asked to
take seating in overflow room B/C 12.

These plans are subject to last minute change.

http://dakar42.icann.org/node/27413

Thank you,

Regards,
Glen