[council] Our Chair's quote in Managing Internet IP

  • To: "'council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Our Chair's quote in Managing Internet IP
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 09:37:01 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"The GNSO's van Gelder concluded that brands must ensure that there is
sufficient demand before proceeding with their application.  'Don't forget the
sales channel and the marketing part of the TLD.  You must butter up the
registrars,' he said."

I don't believe I got that memo.  Perhaps it got lost along with the memo to
the GAC seeking its endorsement of the RrSG motion . . .