[council] REMINDER: New gTLD Global Awareness Campaign - Request for Proposals

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] REMINDER: New gTLD Global Awareness Campaign - Request for Proposals
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:27:43 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-05jul11-en.htm

New gTLD Global Awareness Campaign - Request for Proposals

On 20 June 2011, ICANN's Board approved a program that will add to familiar
top-level domains such as .com, .org, and .net, the possibility of having
almost any word in any language as a top-level domain. This massive expansion
of the number of possible domain names calls for an equally significant
communications campaign to raise global awareness about the program. The rest
of 2011 is a communications period dedicated to raising awareness around the
world about the opportunity and risks associated with applying for a new gTLD.
The Application period opens 12 January 2012 and will run for 90 days.

To help us achieve our goal of educating the world about this program we have
issued a request for proposals (RFP). The objective of the RFP is to retain an
advertising agency to help us develop, implement and measure the success of a
global advertising and awareness campaign for new generic top-level domains
(new gTLDs).

Please review the attached RFP for an overview of the program, our vision and
proposal requirements. Send any questions about the RFP to
michele.jourdan@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:michele.jourdan@xxxxxxxxx> by 11 July 2011.

RFP - New gTLD Global Awareness Campaign
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/rfp-new-gtld-global-awareness-campaign-05jul11-en.pdf
 [PDF, 633 KB]

Ad and PR Industry wiki
https://community.icann.org/display/newgtladvertising/Home

Additional informational material

 *   Get Ready for the Next Big .Thing: An Overview of New
gTLDs<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AybZsS3NmFo>
 *   Frequently Asked
Questions<http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/factsheet-new-gtld-program-14apr11-en.pdf>
 [PDF, 634 KB]
 *   Applicant
Guidebook<http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/rfp-clean-30may11-en.pdf>
[PDF, 4.81 MB]

We look forward to receiving and reviewing your proposals.

Glen de Saint Géry

GNSO Secretariat

gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://gnso.icann.org