[council] Discussion paper on best practices to address the abusive registration of domain names

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Discussion paper on best practices to address the abusive registration of domain names
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:28:18 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear All,

With regard to the discussion paper on best practices to address the abusive
registration of domain names, in the end ICANN Staff was not able to publish
this paper in time for the Singapore meeting, but we wanted to take advantage
of the opportunity by providing you with an overview of the initial outline of
the discussion paper, based on our current thinking, during the GNSO weekend
session. The update to the GNSO Council will be followed by a workshop on
Thursday (see http://singapore41.icann.org/node/24623) to allow for community
input on this issue. We hope to use the input received to finalize the
discussion paper.

Attached you will find the slide presentation for the update to the GNSO
Council that is scheduled for Saturday 18 June from 11.15 – 12.00 (local time).
We look forward to your input, questions and/or comments on this issue.

With best regards,

Marika